Welcome

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog. It's not the most exciting thing that you've ever seen but I'm really enjoying it and hope you will visit often. Double click on the pictures for larger views of them. I'd appreciate your feedback if you have any problems with ....commenting, finding the blog on the net etc., or just have any suggestions on how to make it better . To make a comment click on the Comment box at the end of the post, type your comment and then scroll down for options. If you have a Google account you can choose that but if you prefer to remain Anonymous then click that one and just include your name in the text of your comment for my information. Once done you can Post your comment and it will show up later. Also if you want to share with any of your friends you can click on the envelope at the bottom of the Post and email the blog to them.

Sep 14, 2010

Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon

This is Bryce Canyon which we found spectacular. I wasn't sure how I was going to get it all in as it covers such a vast area so pictures really don't do it justice. There were 18 miles of canyon road with stops at about 10 different places. We went to the end first and then thought that we couldn't see anything much different at the next one. Totally wrong!! Each viewpoint had something more spectacular and the last one was the dessert for sure. I've only included a small sample of what I have.This one at the left is about the only arch we saw at Bryce although I'm sure there were more to be seen if you hiked down into the canyon. 


 
This was the scenery to the left and the right. We could not imagine how the pioneers in their wagons must have felt when they came to a place like this on their trek to the west. "looks like a good place to stop and settle down to me" 


This part of the canyon was called the Cathedral, wonder why?? It reminds me of the scenery from Lord of the Rings                                                                                                                                                 


The grand finale! Hundreds of feet tall and spread out for miles.


This is the north rim of the Grand Canyon. We were disappointed because it was so drab, big isn't always best but it certainly is that. All the tourists, especially the women, had vertigo and were walking the paths very carefully and holding on to something before they would glance down. Must admit I was one of them as even in hotels I have a hard time going out on the balcony if it's above the tenth floor.
I tried to get a downward shot but it's impossible to see the bottom of the canyon. Best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment