Welcome

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog. It's not the most exciting thing that you've ever seen but I'm really enjoying it and hope you will visit often. Double click on the pictures for larger views of them. I'd appreciate your feedback if you have any problems with ....commenting, finding the blog on the net etc., or just have any suggestions on how to make it better . To make a comment click on the Comment box at the end of the post, type your comment and then scroll down for options. If you have a Google account you can choose that but if you prefer to remain Anonymous then click that one and just include your name in the text of your comment for my information. Once done you can Post your comment and it will show up later. Also if you want to share with any of your friends you can click on the envelope at the bottom of the Post and email the blog to them.

Nov 27, 2009

Aussie Creatures



The Melbourne aquarium had a darkened room with tanks full of jelly fish lit from within the tank. They were just beautiful and were in constant motion. These were my second favorites. There was a tank full of orange ones against a blue background but the camera I had at the time or rather my abilty to get a good shot then wasn't terribly good.





They are just tiny little things about the size of a loonie and just fascinating to watch.












I could have spent the whole day in this place watching these fascinating creatures. Hard to believe a happy looking thing like this got the Crocodile Hunter.








 




I was surprized to find that all the swans in New Zealand and Austraila are black. You would think that the white ones we have would tolerate the heat and sunshine better.




As you can see they are quite tame and will come right up to take tidbits out of your hand. What goes in comes out pretty quickly though so save the scraps until the end of your meal.












This little group is a trio of Tawny Frog Mouth birds. When they decide to wake up and open their mouths they do so widely that their heads disappear from a frontal view and you only see a mouth. I love it when birds and animals pose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment